Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Pet. 4:13 Reflection


“But be happy, that you are sharing in Christ’s sufferings so that you will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory.”

I Pet. 4:13


This passage speaks of delighting in despite of troubles, sufferings.. the immediate context speaks of an encouragement to the believers
scattered abroad. Due to rising persecution..


What an encouragement! Peter also implies to us who are experiencing also troubles, discouragements in our life, even though we are not persecuted physically, we still need to be joyful, even though we are facing challenges in our life. I remember facing this huge pile of requirements this year, a large number of discouragements, and a handful of failures. But still with this verse in mind I am encouraged to smile, and to face my difficulties positively.

No comments: